This setting refers to Invoicing functionality.
To add Invoice Template, populate the following fields:
- Template Name: this name is for internal information, not being shown on the invoice.
- Invoice Start Number: Autoincrement field – it increases on every generation and is no longer editable once it is set.
Note: Invoice Start Number field accepts any characters, once the last character is a digit. Upon each invoice generation, the digit is being incremented, and the rest of the characters are kept.
Note: After you save an invoice template of type Individual Report/Pricing items, you must add invoice items in it. Invoice items are automatically added to the template with default values for the templates of the other types (Workspace, Matter, Client, Report). All invoice items in a template can be edited at any time.
To add invoice items in the template, click New button in the Template Layout and populate the following fields:
- Item Order – you specify the order the items will appear in the invoice (if you have more items).
- Item Name:
- Selected Type Item Name – the item name will appear in the invoice as it is in the report.
- Custom Name – additional field Name Value will appear to type your custom name of the item. This name will appear in the report for the relevant report item.
Note: Tasks category items which are added with a Custom name to the template, will always be included in the invoices, regardless they are present in the corresponding billing reports or not. If the items are not present in the billing report, they will appear in the invoice with 0.00 quantity and total.
Note: You can create a combination of report items which will be summed on the same row if they use the same units (count or size). This feature allows you to generate summarized reports based on the detailed MaxBilling reports.