Once a billing profile is created, you should add pricings in it. Billing reports will be generated according to the pricings in the profile.
The pricing information can be edited at any time and the changes will be applied to the reports which will be generated afterwards.
To add a new pricing:
- Click New on the MXB Profile layout. The pricing layout opens.
2. Fill in the following fields:
- Name – type the name of the pricing. The name of the pricing is not shown in the reports.
- Pricing Type – specify the pricing type.
- All Workspaces for Client – all the clients’ workspaces are charged according to the rates and metrics specified in that pricing unless any other specific pricings are not created. If a client adds a new workspace, this workspace will be considered automatically by the All Workspaces for Client pricing.
Note: All Workspaces for Client pricing type is the default pricing for the profile. You can set only one All Workspaces for Client pricing type per a profile.
When Specific Workspaces / Matters / Clients / Locations pricing type is selected, two more fields appear:
- Overwrite Type – defines how the specified rates and metrics are considered against the ones which you set in All Workspaces for Client pricing. It is a single-choice field with the following options:
- Overlay – appends pricing information for the selected workspaces to the All Workspaces for Client pricing. Rates and metrics, specified in the Overlay pricing will be applied along with the ones, being set in the default pricing.
If some billing items are present both in the default and in the Overlay pricings, the units and the prices from the Overlay pricing will be applied.
- Overwrite – the selected Workspaces/Matters/Clients/Locations in an Overwrite pricing are charged only according to the rates and metrics, specified in that pricing. Rates and metrics set in All Workspaces for Client pricing are not considered.
- Workspaces/Matters/Clients/Locations – select the Workspaces/Matters/Clients/Locations you want to apply the Specific Pricing type.
If you have a Workspace Overlay and a Matter/Client/Location Overlay, where the Matter/Client/Location owns some of the workspaces that are already part of the Workspace Overlay Pricing, the specific conditions for the workspaces in the Workspace Overlay will be considered first. The conditions in the Matter/Client/Location Overlay will be applied for the rest of the workspaces within the Matter/Client/Location.
I.e. Specific Workspaces Pricing Type is considered with the highest priority,
- Exclude Workspaces – you can select workspaces that will not be included in the generated reports and neither of the pricings will be applied to them.
When Exclude Workspaces pricing type is selected, one more field appear:
- Workspaces – select the workspaces you want to apply the Exclude Workspaces pricing type to.