Once a billing profile is created, you should add pricings in it. Billing reports will be generated according to the pricings in the profile.
The pricing information can be edited at any time and the changes will be applied to the reports which will be generated afterwards.
To add a new pricing:
- Click New on the MXB Profile layout. The pricing layout opens.
2. Fill in the following fields:
- Name – type the name of the pricing. The name of the pricing is not shown in the reports.
- Pricing Type – specify the pricing type.
- All Workspaces for Client – all the clients’ workspaces are charged according to the rates and metrics specified in that pricing unless any other specific pricings are not created. If a client adds a new workspace, this workspace will be considered automatically by the All Workspaces for Client pricing.
Note: All Workspaces for Client pricing type is the default pricing for the profile. You can set only one All Workspaces for Client pricing type per a profile.
When Specific Workspaces pricing type is selected, two more fields appear:
- Overwrite Type – defines how the specified rates and metrics are considered against the ones which you set in All Workspaces for Client pricing. It is a single-choice field with the following options:
- Overlay – appends pricing information for the selected workspaces to the All Workspaces for Client pricing. Rates and metrics, specified in the Overlay pricing will be applied along with the ones, being set in the default pricing.
If some billing items are present both in the default and in the Overlay pricings, the units and the prices from the Overlay pricing will be applied.
- Overwrite – the selected workspaces in an Overwrite pricing are charged only according to the rates and metrics, specified in that pricing. Rates and metrics set in All Workspaces for Client pricing are not considered.
When Exclude Workspaces pricing type is selected, one more field appear:
- Workspaces – select the workspaces you want to apply the Exclude Workspaces pricing type to.
- Minimal Cap – the minimum workspace cap value will be applied in the reports’ total in case the total workspace report value is below the Minimum Workspace Cap value.
Note: You can use the Minimal Cap field to apply flat fees for a specific range of workspaces or for all the workspaces. The Minimal Cap value affects the grand total of the report but you are still able to see the actual calculations in terms of usage amount, unit prices and sub-totals.
Note: You can use the Maximal Cap field to lock the maximal total charge value for a specific range of workspaces or for all the workspaces. The Maximal Cap value affects the grand total